The department provides consultancy to Government and private projects in various fields of Veterinary sciences. Examples of tasks including:-
- Ministry of Agriculture/Food and Agricultural Organization of the United National Organization (FAO) project on Tick and Tick Borne Disease in Tanzania, 1994-1997 (Supported by Netherlands Government).
- Ministry of Agriculture, European Union project on Rinderpest control.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives on tick and tickborne disease control (supported by ODA of the United Kingdom)
- Health and hematological examination of the Giant Aldebra tortoise of the Government of Zanzibar, (supported by the School for International Training Vermont USA in1996-1997.
- Identification of ancient bone remains from Kuumbi and Mwanampambe caves, Zanzibar (2008)
- Tailor made short courses on Wildlife Health (2019)
- Continuous Professional Development Courses- Equine Medicine in Collaboration with SPANA (2018, 2019)
- Professional Examinations in Collaboration with Veterinary Council of Tanzania (from 2018)
- Diagnostic Services for Clinicians and Researchers at Pathology Laboratory